Frequently Asked Questions
What exactly is The Thrive Programme?
How was The Thrive Programme created?
How does it work?
- What makes you tick, what limiting beliefs you may have, your personality type and the specific ‘thinking styles’ you adopt.
- Discover the Psychological Foundations that dictate how you view and respond to the events and experiences in your life.
- How much power you believe you have to make changes in your life: how much ‘self-efficacy’ do you have, how in control you feel.
- How your self-esteem can be changed in just two weeks, and the huge knock-on effect this will have upon you.
- How YOU create anxiety, stress, fears and phobias – and how to get rid of them.
- How your desire for control means you avoid many situations in life, and actually create more anxiety.
- How your emotions and your thinking affect your immune system, and your ability to stay healthy. A true understanding of just how our mind and bodies interact to produce symptoms, and how we can change them.
- How different this programme is to any other, and why this one works while others fail.
- How superstitions, magical beliefs, and fate, luck and chance type beliefs affect your life.
- How you can overcome just about any situation in life, and Thrive.
Who is suitable for The Thrive Programme?
How long does the programme last?
How long is each session?
Will it work for me?
What is the effort I need to put in?
How is The Thrive Programme different to Suggestion (‘mainstream’) Hypnotherapy?
However, ALL our symptoms, whether it’s depression, anxiety, phobias, OCD, insomnia are the direct result of our thinking. Therefore, in order to permanently overcome a symptom, the most empowering thing we can do is understand and address the thinking that caused it in the first place. Hypnosis may well change our thinking about a certain issue, but without the substance or foundation to support the new thinking/beliefs we run the risk of quickly undoing the hypnosis suggestions by reverting to old ways of thinking.
The aim of Hypnosis is to suggest away symptoms. However, symptoms are only the END RESULT of other issues – whether it’s issues with our self-esteem, social anxiety or feeling out of control. Therefore, unless these primary issues are addressed, many positive results of hypnotherapy are unlikely to be permanent. The good news is that it really is quite simple to change the real cause of our symptoms in an empowering and permanent way – which is what The Thrive Programme aims to do in just six sessions.
My aim is to help empower people with a treatment that is predictable and understandable – and unfortunately, results achieved from hypnotherapy are neither of these things.
Is The Thrive Programme different to counselling?
I find this is particularly the case with counselling that is focussed on discussing people’s childhoods. Very often, when people feel unhappy with themselves or their lives in the here and now, they feel powerless to change themselves, their behaviour or their circumstances…and hope that by resolving past issues will help their present days problems. However, going back to the past is rarely the answer. You may gain more insight into why you behave as you do….although it doesn’t necessarily mean that you feel empowered enough to overcome problems or change your life now.
With The Thrive Programme, the focus is on your thoughts TODAY. We are looking at the processes by which anxiety and symptoms are created: HOW you think about things, rather than WHAT you are thinking about. This explains why some days people may have their symptom and other days they do not – their lives may not have changed but their thinking has.
How does The Thrive Programme differ from Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) or NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming)?
The limitations of treatments that are driven by techniques (rather than insight and understanding) run the risk of only being partially or temporarily successful. If you are not able to understand or alter the driving forces behind your anxiety, symptoms or limiting beliefs it can feel as though you are treading water or fire-fighting, trying to fend off negative thoughts.
These methods mainly deal with controlling negative thoughts rather than significantly altering the belief symptoms from where these thoughts are originating from.
Just having that level of understanding and insight that The Thrive Programme will give you is the main factor in overcoming symptoms – even before needing to use any proactive techniques to deal with anxiety and symptoms.
Want to find out how The Thrive Programme can help you?
Please get in touch to arrange your free 60 minute consultation.
Consultations can take place on the phone, via Skype or face to face at my clinic in Uttoxeter.
Simply click the button below and choose a date and time that suits you.